Stephen Scriber, a graduate of Duke University School of Law, has been a wills, trusts, and estate planning practitioner since 2011. He started Modern Estate Planning to help people celebrate their lives and protect their legacy.
He believes in serving his clients’ needs with commitment, integrity, and honesty. He is actively involved with furthering legal rights of the LGBTQIA community having served as President of the Stonewall Bar Association of Georgia and is a member of the Lambda Legal Atlanta Leadership Committee.
In his free time, he annoys his husband, builds computers, plays with his cats and dogs, and watches the Atlanta Falcons blow leads. Stephen is also an Atlanta United season-ticket holder, and never misses a game.
- 2019 Atlanta 500 by Atlanta Magazine
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers
- Duke University School of Law (Juris Doctor, May 2011)
- B.S. Womble Scholar (2008-2011)
- Alaska Law Review, Casenote Editor (2009-2011)
- Duke Forum for Law & Social Change, Internal Managing Editor (2009-2011)
- Duke OUTLaw (LGBT Alliance), President (2009-2010)
- University of Mississippi
- Master of Arts cum laude, May 2008
- Alumnus, Mississippi Teacher Corps
- Amherst College
- Bachelor of Arts cum laude, May 2006
- Political Science and History
- Community Involvement:
- Stonewall Bar Association of Georgia (President, 2017-18 board year)
- Lambda Legal Atlanta Leadership Committee